Is Your Workforce Engaged?
Gallup has reported that 51% of employees are actively looking for a different job or watching for opportunities. More than one in three employees (35%) have changed jobs within the last three years with 91% of employees leaving their company to do so.
How can companies retain talent and promote career advancement? Employee Engagement is the cornerstone to creating a healthy and thriving workplace. Yet, a staggering 67% of the U.S. workforce is not engaged. Why? Let’s look at the impact leadership has on employee culture.
Ask yourself these essential questions to evaluate the effectiveness of your company’s leadership:
- How well do leader’s consistently share the team’s vision, strategy, and purpose?
- Are leader’s accessible to employee’s?
- What does leadership do to support open and honest communications?
- How does leadership show appreciation for employee and team performance?
- What is leadership’s commitment to employee career advancement?
- Does leadership model an environment of trust and respect?
- How does leadership create community and engagement?
- Does your culture celebrate team milestones and successes and excite employees about the direction of the company?
Forbes published that 82% of employees don’t trust the boss to tell the truth. Gallup data reveal an unsettling pattern in the U.S. workplace. Employees have little belief in their company’s leadership:
- 22% of employees strongly agree the leadership of their organization has a clear direction for their organization.
- 15% of employees agree the leadership of their organization makes them enthusiastic about the future.
- 13% of employees strongly agree the leadership of their organization communicates effectively with the rest of the organization.
With this alarming data, it’s no wonder employees are not engaged. So what can we do to shift the tide to create a positive leadership model that drives an engaged workforce?
For a start, flip the questions above to positive statements. Next, slow down! The frenzied pace of today’s work environment is chaotic. Who can keep up? A technologically connected workplace has led to disconnection and miscommunication creating inefficiencies. It may seem counterintuitive to slow down, but when we do, there is an element of focus which increases communication effectiveness. Distracted thinking is reduced and truly present and thoughtful communications increases clarity and understanding.
Invest in your workforce. Provide opportunities to increase personal awareness of how workplace communication and behaviors help or hinder the opportunity to create an environment of excitement, enthusiasm, and engagement.
Corporate Teams offers a full range of profile assessments to develop leaders, improve management performance, and increase team engagement. Our partner website, www.ProfileAssessments.com, provides immediate access to assessments for individuals and teams.
Commit to leadership excellence. The result – a workplace environment of trust, respect, and commitment!