The Team Performance Challenge pits teams against one other in an engaging, yet friendly competition. Teams must think quickly; move into action efficiently; develop innovative solutions; and manage time effectively. Each challenge must be managed within a given timeframe requiring the team to work collaboratively together in an efficient manner that balances risk taking with quality of performance.
Teams move into motion with a high-energy kick-off. Corporate Teams uses the TEAM Balance Model for High Performing Teams as a framework for effective and efficient problem solving.
Team Performance Challenge in Action
Teams move through a series of 3-5 complex challenges providing the opportunity for total team engagement and collaboration.
It’s not the fastest teams that win; it’s the smartest teams. Teams are evaluated based on performance. Points are accrued resulting from thoughtful performance metrics. Each challenge has the opportunity to be approached in different ways.
All of the challenge requires a different way of thinking allowing for what we term, Leadershifting. Different leaders emerge across the different challenges based on communication styles and behaviors.
Teams finish with an interactive dialogue that pulls together key insights and takeaways that can be put into action upon return to the workplace.
Results & Celebration
The nail biting finish has teams on the edge of their seats while the results are announced. The winners are?!
Requirements & Logistics
Corporate Teams commits to a seamless delivery and tight logistics from start to finish. Everything is handled behind the scenes: management of logistics with the meeting venue; permits (if required); shipping/tracking of all equipment and supplies.
All you have to do is get the team ready to go!
- Develop increased trust among team members
- Understand how to balance differences in communication styles and to balance team member strengths
- Increase efficiencies of problem-solving using the TEAM Balance Model for High Engagement teams
- Manage opportunities across a dynamic environment that changes rapidly
- Develop strategies for capitalizing on limited resources
- Identify opportunities for continual improvement
- Increase effectiveness of overall team communications